Admission Requirements & Procedures
Individuals who meet admission requirements will be considered for acceptance into the Practical Nursing Program. Acceptance of a position in the program signifies agreement to abide by the policies and procedures of the school.
1. 17 years of age or older
2. Graduate of an accredited high school or GED equivalent.
3. Satisfactory scores on the pre-entrance test (ATI TEAS Exam). Applicant is notified of test date.
4. Evidence of good mental and physical health determined by a Pre-Entrance Medical Examination (form given to student after interview).
5. Valid Healthcare Provider CPR Certification that includes a hand on test.
6. Personal qualifications will be evaluated through three (3) references and an information session with a member of the Admissions Committee.
7. Clear Criminal Background Check
8. Clear Child Abuse Clearance
9. Final acceptance or rejection is based upon the preparation and fitness of the prospective student without any discrimination in regard to race, religion, creed, state, or national origin.
The ATI TEAS Exam is an aptitude exam that is required for entrance consideration into the Practical Nursing Program at a cost of $35.00. This fee must be paid by credit or debit card at the time of testing.
After the test has been administered, you may access the program application (link on the left of the screen). The application, three recommendation letters (non-relative), and official transcripts (high school and post secondary) must be forwarded to Jeff Tech Practical Nursing Program.
Applicants must score above a developmental score to be considered for an interview. A one time retest is allowed if another date is available. Students scoring low in individual areas of the test may be encouraged to seek remediation prior to further consideration. During your interview, the polices and procedures of the school, financial aid sources, and what is expected of you as a student nurse will be explained.
Please note that application to the school, testing, and interviewing do not obligate you in any way. We encourage you to find out about Practical Nursing and our school before making your decision. You may consider a job shadow experience if you have not worked in healthcare.